Monday, March 18, 2013

Totally hopeless

On the surface of things, people don't want to try things that they feel have a low chance
of succeeding. Like it's not worth the effort and possible rejection to try to talk
to a beautiful girl, if you feel there' s only a 1 in 5 chance of a positive reaction,
and say a 1 in 20 chance of getting to a date or a kiss, and say 1 in 50 of getting further.
But I think it's not true. If you really believed that if you try to talk to the next 70
hot girls you see, one of them will have amazing sex with you, if that was tangible to you,
the motivation for talking to the other 69 would be easy.
Like in research, from experience I know that if I try to think of a good idea each day,
probably once a year, I will have a good idea.
And that is enough to motivate me (well.. and the fact that I get paid for it)
So the problem is that we believe there is a *zero*-percent chance of something like talking to a cute girl bringing a positive outcome.
Rationally, we know it's not 0%, but that's how it feels
Or.. at least.. that the prize of staying comfortable, watching TV or something, is much more tangible to our minds.
So what's the solution?.. I don't know.. I'm just a lazy bum.. I can't be bothered with even finishing to wri

No comments:

Blog Archive